The Umbrella Project is a registered 501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation that relies on the generosity of its donors and sponsors. A minimal trip fee for participants covers only a small fraction of the overall costs.
• Funding support. Please send check made out to the Umbrella Project at the address below, or visit our website at umbrellaprojecthike.org to make a secure credit card or PayPal contribution.
• In-kind contributions. We could really use your new or gently used backpacking gear. Examples include three-season sleeping bags, sleeping pads, adult-size backpacks, rain gear, cooking gear, tarps, etc.
• Volunteers. We can put your skills and expertise to good use! Trip planning and logistics, marketing and fundraising, gear acquisition and maintenance, are just some of the many volunteer opportunities.
• Special event coordinators. At times, we need help with special Umbrella Project events such as fundraisers, conferences, festivals and other activities.
• Committee members and board of directors. We are growing our committees and board of directors. Enthusiastic and caring individuals should contact us at email@example.com or
Please make your check payable to the Umbrella Project, Inc. and mail to 3013 Sanctuary Lane, Frederick, MD 21701 or donate securely online at umbrellaprojecthike.org.
Donors will receive a donation acknowledgment for tax deduction purposes.